Call us! 706-507-Maid (6243)
This information is designed to help our clients understand the service they are purchasing and clarify and describe our guarantee, exclusions, cancellations and potential problems we strive to avoid if at all possible. In addition, this document defines the responsibilities and liabilities of My Amazing Maid and our clients.
We do NOT require you to sign a contract that commits you to a minimum number of cleanings. We work to earn your continuing business with each and every cleaning
100 % Satisfaction Guarantee If you are not happy with any area we have cleaned, simply call the office within 24 hours and we will come back and re‐clean it free of charge. The maids must be allowed to come back into the home within the next 2 business days.
We need your feedback Getting customer feedback is an important ingredient to a successful maid service relationship. It is important to use the online Quality Scorecard to provide feedback on your cleaning experience. The scorecard is fast and simple. This feedback helps us know your personal preferences and monitor the performance of your maids and deliver the highest quality cleaning experience in the industry. Feedback after each cleaning allows us to address any concerns before they become a larger issue.
Insurance, General Liability, and Bonding We carry a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy and a $5,000 fidelity bond. All maids are covered by worker’s compensation insurance for any injuries occurring on the job.
Our maids exercise reasonable care when cleaning your home. We can not be liable for damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear”, improper installation of an item in your home. We also limit our liability for artwork, collectables or family heirlooms valued over $200 and not disclosed during the setup process. These items include but are not limited to the following examples:
· Carpet & Rug Snags. Carpet snags are the result of “exposed loops” caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller‐brush. Our vacuums are set to industry standards in order to limit snags while still providing a high quality vacuuming.
· Broken Blinds. Customers should be aware that there is some risk each time your blinds are cleaned. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks.
· Improperly hung pictures / decorations /mirrors. If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is dusted/wiped.
· Artwork, Collectables, Family Heirlooms and valuables over $200. These items are expensive and/or impossible to replace and so we will not take the risk of cleaning such items. During our new client consultation, we ask if any of these items are in the home. If so, we avoid cleaning them unless the customer signs a waiver of liability. We do not want to take any chances with a client’s special possessions. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform My Amazing Maid of any new items brought into the home, after our initial consultation, that fall into this category.
Providing Access to your home Most customers provide us with a spare key. This ensures our team’s access on cleaning day and helps prevent “lock-outs”. Keys are numbered and kept in our key‐safe. Keys are never labeled with any identifying information such as client name or address. Management checks out/in keys each day.
Gate, garage and alarm codes are handled in the same discrete manner as keys and are not recorded in the client’s profile. My Amazing Maid is not responsible for any charges from local police departments called out due to an activated alarm that we are not able to turn off.
Some customers choose to leave a door unlocked or to hide a key for the maids on cleaning day. We do not recommend this practice but if preferred we will make notes in the customer profile as to the instructions for entry into the house. If you forget to leave the door unlocked or leave the key out and our maids cannot enter your home, a $50 “lock‐out fee” will be assessed to cover the cost of our employee’s time.
Cleaning Schedule and Cancellation Policy We will send an e-mail at least 24 hours in advance of your cleaning. This e-mail will give an approximate arrival time. Actual arrival time may vary due to unforeseen circumstances (traffic jams, weather, the maids needing extra time to finish cleaning a previous home, etc.) If you need to us to arrive at a particular time for a cleaning, please notify the office at least 48 hours in advance so it can be scheduled accordingly.
In order to hire the very best staff, we have to assure our employees that they will have a certain amount of work. Your cleaners count on your business. If you must cancel or reschedule a cleaning, please give us at least 2 business days’ notice. This gives us an opportunity to find another home for them to clean. Last minute notifications make it nearly impossible to find your cleaners work and can cause them financial hardships. This can lead to higher employee turnover rates which leads to greater challenges in delivering high quality cleaning.
If you must reschedule or cancel service with less than a 48 hours notice, we charge a $50 cancellation fee which is used to cover lost wages that the maids will incur due to the cancellation. We rarely have cancellations from clients who provide us with a key, which can potentially save you money and results in higher client satisfaction.
Rescheduling Your Cleaning Popular times and days of the week are usually booked for most weeks, so if you must reschedule your cleaning we may not be able to move it to the next week at your usual time/day. For reschedules, we will work to find an acceptable time for your cleaning and then we will come back at your normally scheduled time/day.
The frequency of cleaning impacts the time it takes to clean. A biweekly client that completely misses a cleaning and does not reschedule during the same week can result in a month passing before the house is cleaned again. We have 4 recurring price categories. Reschedules can cause the cost of your cleaning to be more/less due to the change in the amount of time it takes to clean your home.
· Weekly (Once a week)
· Bi‐Weekly (Every 2 weeks but no more than 3 weeks since the last cleaning)
· Monthly (Every 4 weeks but no more than 5 weeks since the last cleaning)
• Example 1: Bi‐Weekly customer “skips” a cleaning, creates a four‐week interval between visits and the applicable (higher) Monthly rate will apply to the next cleaning.
• Example 2: Bi‐Weekly customer who requests an additional cleaning in‐between scheduled visits would be charged the applicable (lower) “Weekly” rate for the next 2 cleanings as there will be a one‐week interval between both cleanings.
• Example 3: Weekly client skips a cleaning, creates a two-week interval between visits and the higher bi-weekly rate will apply to the next cleaning.
Pets We hire employees that love pets since many of our customers are pet owners. But we cannot be responsible for pets that “escape” when our maids are entering/exiting your home. If your pet will be “roaming free” during the clean, please let us know in advance, so the maids can be on alert when they open doors. Also, if you “lock” your pet up in a specific room, let us know so we can make sure we do not let them out. If you change the location of where you “lock” you pet, please notify us. Our maids are trained to close doors as soon as they enter/exit your home and will not leave doors open for long periods.
Our maids cannot touch or pick up pet feces or vomit, including emptying litter‐boxes. Urine stains on hardwood floors will be mopped by our maids, but please understand that if urine has soaked into wood, the discoloration (stain) may not come out in which case a flooring specialist should be contacted.
Cleaning‐Day Home Preparation Your price for cleaning is based on the maids focusing all of their time and energy on cleaning, not routine housekeeping. We ask that you take a few minutes the night before a scheduled service to “pick up.” This will allow the maids easy access to the areas/surfaces to be cleaned: floors, countertops, table tops, etc. and removing dirty dishes from kitchen sinks. If you’d like our maids to do the “cleaning prep” tasks for you, please call the Office (in advance) so your cleaning fee can be adjusted for the additional “cleaning preparation” time.
There may be an occasion where our maids need more time to complete the specific cleaning program you purchased. A few examples include:
· Excessive dirt/dust/stains from remodeling/construction, post‐party cleanup, etc.
· The condition of your home is different than what was represented when we established your price at the estimate consultation.
If a particular cleaning requires significantly more time than allotted to finish due to the situations above, we will attempt to contact the customer by phone before we start the job. If we are unable to reach the customer by phone we will either work up to the allocation of time or not clean the home. We will never charge you more for your cleaning without your permission. If additional time is repeatedly needed, we would need to discuss a change in your regular fee.
“Extra” Cleaning Tasks During the estimate consultation, you are provided a specific, comprehensive list of the cleaning tasks the cleaners will conduct at your home. The cleaning price is based on this list, plus any extra requests discussed at the time of the estimate. During the estimate consultation, we typically allow up to 3 deviations from the list of tasks, if they are not overly time consuming. Please do not leave notes or give “extra” instructions to cleaners. If you need extra service, please contact the office to discuss your needs and pricing.
Cleaning Supplies and Vacuums Our maids bring the tools and products needed to thoroughly clean your home. If you prefer to supply your own cleaning products or solvents just let us know and we will note it in your customer profile. This includes any hard wood cleaners you prefer such as Bona. If you request we do additional cleaning on hardwoods, such as applying the cleaner and then the polisher in the Bona system, additional charges may be incurred because multiple mopping is required for these products.
We use the #1 selling Oreck vacuums and top-of-the-line Miele vacuums. If you request our maids use your vacuum, we cannot assume or accept any liability for damage to the unit. Our maids will empty your bag-less vacuum if you provide them with training on how to do so.
Dusting Our maids take pride in dusting your home. Our tools and techniques allow us to remove most of your home’s dust in a reasonable amount of time and effort.
· Settling dust. During the dusting process, some dust becomes airborne and will not settle until after we have left. This is more common in first time cleanings or one time cleanings, and it may take several visits before settling dust becomes minimized.
· Dusting Knick‐Knacks, Collectables, Stand‐up Picture Frames, and other small items. We dust small items based on the size and the number of items on a shelf or flat surface like a mantel. If there are 10 or fewer small items on a shelf we will hand dust them and the surface below and return the item to the shelf. If there are more than 10 items per shelf we may dust the items where they sit and the surface around them.
· Dusting height limits. Due to insurance restrictions, we are not able to dust items on shelves or hung on a wall that are higher than a maid can reach standing on a 2 -step stepladder. We do use extension poles to high dust rooms but we will not high dust items that may tip over or hung on the wall because we are not able to hold it with one hand in order to secure it while we dust. If you are a bi-weekly or weekly client, you may consider using your handyman hours for high dusting.
Showers and Tubs Showers and tubs can accumulate lime, calcium and soap scum. Our cleaning solutions work very well on cutting through these deposits, however sometimes it may take two to three visits before showers and tubs become free of these deposits. Mold and mildew are organic and will grow deep into and behind grout or caulk. Our cleaning products can minimize surface stains, but completely eliminating them may require the homeowner to have their shower re‐grouted or re‐caulked.
Payment for Services Payment is due at the time our services are delivered. You may pay by check, e-check or credit card.
· Credit Cards and E-Checks. Clients choosing this option must provide a credit card or bank information to the company for regular charges. Charges will not be applied until after the cleaning is completed.
· Refunds. Since cleaning is a very personalized and subjective service, we cannot offer refunds to customers. If you are not happy, we will come back and re‐clean any areas free of charge according to our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee described above.
· Service fee for returned checks. Checks returned for non‐payment, (insufficient funds, closed account, etc.) will be charged a $25 returned check fee in addition to making good on the payment for services.
Temperature Settings During summer months, some of our customers turn their air conditioning off or set them to higher temperatures during the day, while they are at work. On the day that your maids arrive, we ask that you set the thermostat to 72, so your maids can work in a safe environment without overheating. For safety reasons, if our maids arrive to a home that is warm and the air conditioning is turned off or not reduced to safe levels, our maids are instructed to adjust the thermostat while they are in your home. They will return the temperature to the previous setting before they leave. This may result in our maids having to wait for the temperature to drop to a safe level before they can begin cleaning. If so, we will have to shorten our cleaning time or charge for the additional wait time.
Non‐solicitation of My Amazing Maid Employees When entering into an agreement for services with My Amazing Maid please do not solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by My Amazing Maid for any home‐related services. Our cleaners sign a non-compete agreement and are prohibited from working for our clients outside our business. Please do not put them in an awkward position by asking them to work for you independently.